- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
As part of the expansion of our Managed Services business, Simpson Associates has an opportunity for a skilled Microsoft Support consultant to join our well-respected Managed Services and Support team. We are looking for somebody who will thrive on the chance to stay current with the latest technologies as we continuously develop the Data, BI, and AI solutions we deliver for our customers. You will also be a key influencer in our Customers Data strategies, as we work with our Managed Services Partners to expand and evolve their solutions to align with their business objectives.
As the key contact for supported customers, the Support Consultant performs a critical role on the service desk, not only providing day-to-day support but also shaping the ongoing evolution of customers’ solutions and building a meaningful operational partnership. The Support Consultant will be a self-motivated individual who is a subject matter expert and able to quickly become knowledgeable on customers’ supported applications, always delivering an excellent level of customer service.
The Support Consultant will report to the Managed Services and Support Manager.
The Microsoft Support Consultant should have an elevated level of expertise in several of the following skills:
- Microsoft On Premises SQL Server and data warehousing, including SSIS, SSAS (multidimensional and tabular), and SSRS, with multiple versions of SQL Server.
- Microsoft Cloud technologies, including Azure SQL (and its various permutations), Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI.
You are expected to keep pace with technology developments. This list is current for 2022.
The Microsoft Support Consultant should have appropriate Microsoft certifications such as AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals, DA-100 Data Analyst Associate or DP-203 Azure Data Engineer Associate.
- Expert troubleshooting skills, with experience of working as a support consultant in an ITIL environment.
- Professional certification to support the depth and breadth of product knowledge required.
- Strong track record of managing customer situations assertively with sensitivity.
- Experience as an implementation consultant across a breadth of solutions and sectors would be advantageous.
- Responsible for all supported customers across the technology and providing an excellent level of customer service.
- Work with a small number of key customers to support and expand the partnership with Simpson Associates, owning the support service delivery for those customers.
- Confident and capable in handling support calls covering complex and non-routine solutions in a variety of environments. Applying a methodical approach to issue definition and resolution, allowing the best chance of calls closing first time and without introducing new issues or unnecessary risk.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of supported customer applications.
- Proactive in managing support contracts. Working with the customer to identify critical periods, or changes in environment and customer resource. Recognise the importance of and dedicate time to proactive monitoring and maintenance, identifying and managing potential issues prior to them becoming critical.
- Maintain up-to-date and robust customer documentation to support rapid and effective call handling and minimise single points of failure within the team.
- Demonstrate a mindset of adding customer value beyond incoming calls, including communicating relevant product upgrades and proactive maintenance.
- Follow the Simpson’s Support Guide for call handling and time recording. Ensuring token-based support contracts are tracked and reports issued to the customer monthly, or otherwise as agreed.
- Work with the consulting team to ensure smooth handover of projects from the consulting team into support, and to support development work against supported customer applications.
- Ability to deliver work packages as part of a support maintenance contract.
- Consider and identify activity which should be handled away from the support desk, for example through the consulting team or as a specific piece of training.
- Be aware of and adhere to the requirements of the company’s business management system, including quality and information security management.
- Rapidly absorbs complex information and can apply it effectively. Demonstrates ability to consider multiple options and the wider picture, when determining the most appropriate solution.
- An enthusiastic, positive, ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work as part of a team. Confident to help on calls outside your area of expertise.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time and work to deadlines in an environment where call volumes can be unpredictable.
- Effective communication skills to both technical and non-technical contacts, with the ability to influence and gain required customer involvement to resolve and close calls timely.
- Self-motivated to maintain your professional development plan, keeping pace with changes in technology and certifying as required.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors and work ethic according to Simpsons’ values and culture whilst achieving support targets.
Apply for this job