- Salary: Competitive
- Location: UK Based
About Simpson Associates
Simpson Associates is a Data Analytics Consultancy and Data Managed Services Provider. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and hold the Microsoft Advanced Specialization in Data Analytics, a Gold IBM Partner and an Informatica Partner. As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for self-motivated, technically excellent individual to join and lead our talented delivery team. If you thrive working with modern technology, across a breadth of sectors and enjoy constantly learning, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
As a result of continued business growth, we are excited to recruit in a Data Analytics Practice Manager to jointly lead our Data Analytics practice. This is the most senior level in the professional services delivery team. The successful applicant will perform a critical role in terms of excellent technical and consulting skills, whilst also working with the management team supporting achievement of strategic goals.
Our company culture and people are at the heart of our business. We invest in our employees, encouraging them to reach their career aspirations and supporting them to achieve their potential through ongoing personal development plans and providing access to training and development.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced and confident to lead, grow and inspire a professional services department (30+ people).
- Confident and familiar with owning and managing a large portfolio of consulting engagements.
- An established industry expert, with the ability to apply and share their knowledge and expertise across technologies, sectors and consultancy engagements.
- Proven track record in architecting complex modern data platforms across a breadth of sectors and solutions.
- 15+ years’ industry experience of architecture, design and implementation of data and analytical solutions.
- 8+ years’ experience working in professional services delivery.
- Passionate about technology, aware of trends with the ability to advise, recommend, influence and adopt.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring less experienced managers and employees.
Advantageous Qualifications and Skills
- Prince 2 Agile or similar
- Knowledge of IoT, Data Science and AI techniques
- Experience in Blue Light or NHS sectors
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- MBA or Masters level qualification
- As a member of the management team, confident to deliver against strategic business plans, aligning operational decisions and working across the business and with your peers to help us grow the business and our teams.
- Leading the growth and development of the professional services department, providing guidance, mentoring and leadership to them.
- Take delivery accountability for a large portfolio (15+) of customer engagements from strategy through implementation, and finalising in handover to our Managed Services team.
- Capturing and refining innovative ideas and working with the Innovation Manager to explore and implement these.
- Providing technical expertise, ensuring best practices are applied and implementing continuous improvement of our methodologies and processes.
- Reviewing and recommending technical developments, influencing and leading on their adoption.
- To be an expert in your field, understanding the relationship between your own specialism and the wider customer and organisational requirements.
- Authority and knowledge to be able to lead and develop other senior resources, especially Principal Consultants.
Apply for this job