- Costcutter are a retail organisation and the reporting application uses millions of rows of sales data.
- The legacy analysis cube was now taking 18 hours to build making daily reporting impossible.
- Daily sales reporting was a necessity for the business to understand how it was performing.
- The user community needed to be self sufficient and already used IBM Cognos reporting.
- An alternative needed to be found that could be swiftly adopted by the business users.
- Simpson Associates recommended the use of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services to build the high volume cube.
- Microsoft SQL Server was already in use as a database engine, making its' use for reporting extremely cost effective.
- The existing IBM Cognos front end was retained, thereby maintaining user familiarity.
- Users had the option to use Excel as a native front end, eliminating training costs.
- Sales Analysis application now takes only 35 minutes to build.
- The application is more stable; the process is more reliable and less prone to fail.
- Microsoft SQL Server effectively provided free business intelligence.
- Existing users required no additional training.
- New users were able to use their Excel skills.
- An existing asset, SQL Server, was used to provide additional Return on Investment.
Do you have a question? Call 01904 234 510 or Email Nick